Friday 17 August 2012

no Pastor...but we have music!

I recently found out that the Pastor who was going to marry us had resigned from his church (also the church we were getting married in) and would be heading out to Newfoundland in a few weeks.  He told me he would not be returning...therefore, could not do our wedding.  After a millisecond of panic I thought of asking my childhood Pastor.  We had originally asked him but he said he didn't have the time for the required pre-marital counselling sessions.  We thought it would be easiest to have one person do the counselling and marry us so we decided not to sue this Pastor.  When I contacted him last week he told me he was going on vacation at the time of our wedding. And I panicked a little.  Maybe even hyperventaliated. I've said before in this blog that our whole wedding planning process has been super laid back and not the least bit stressful.  well, this is just a tiny bit stressful!!! I called the church secretary to ask her about payment methods for renting the sanctuary and then I asked her about the interm Pastor.  She said she didn't know who he was and that he hadn't arrived yet.  I'm anxiously awaiting her call to tell me he can marry us!  David and I wanted a Pastor that at least one of us was connected to somehow so we are disappointed that whomever we chose will be a stranger.  The obvious thing to do is use the Pastor of our church, except we don't have a church at the moment.  Between the 2 of us we only know a few Pastors and none are available. ARGH.  We're reeeeeeally hoping the new guy can marry us because we don't just want to open up the phone book and pick someone (what if they aren't even legally allowed to marry people!?).

Onto happier news!!
Last night we met with my mom's good friend (Steph) who has agreed to sing and play paino during our ceremony.  I had chosen a processional song ages ago and Steph had been practicing it for a bit.  It sounded soooo good!!  The message of the song is really fitting and I can see myself walking down the aisle to it.  We also chose the song to be played during the registry signing and as we leave.  It feels good to have another thing crossed off the list.

We are a little more than 2 months away from our wedding with only a few things left to do.  Which is nice because we still haven't found a house.  We have seen over 30 houses and only 1 that we were seriously considering.  But we realized too much needed to be done to it and it's not worth pursuing.  I'll admit that this whole process is frustrating and disheartening but we really have to stay positive.  We are going to see some more properties on Sunday and maybe Monday; hopefully we see a winner among them. 
I'll post an update about our house hunt shortly.

-christina

ps: pleeeeease send back your RSVP cards!  The deadline is September 28 and I've only recieved about 1/4 of the cards.  If you have not recieved a formal inviation and RSVP card, you are invited to the wedding a CEREMONY guest only.  It doens't mean we aren't friends...it just means that we have chosen to have a small reception with just our family and wedding party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment