Tuesday 7 August 2012

2 months and 3 weeks!

YES! our wedding day is fast approaching :D

We checked a few things off our "to do" list recently...we set up meeting with a dear friend of my mom's who will be singing at our wedding (I already know her but David doesn't so this is a meet-and-greet as well as a time to go over what music we'd like and when). 
On Saturday, my Maid of Honour/soon to be sister in law, Kaitlyn and I visited the florist to pick out flowers.  Since I'm doing a brooch bouquet we just need 3 bouquets for the Brides Maids, 4 boutenniers, corsages for the moms and loose flowers for centre pieces.  I'm not going to say what flowers we picked, but they are yellow and red!  I wanted simple flowers made into boquets that were unfussy and casual.  David said I can pick out the boutenniers as long as it has "ruffage" (to us, that word means stuff from nature such as berries and sticks). 
On Sunday David and I chose a cake flavour that we liked and baked a test cake to see how it actually tastes.  It tasted AMAZING!
We also created another registry becuase a lot of the items on our Home Outfitters one have ben discontinued.  We are now registered at Sears and Home Outfitters under DAVID FLEMING and CHRISTINA YOURKIN.  There are a few other David Flemings registered so make sure you look for my name too.

OH, and 2 weeks ago we went to look at rings!  Did I already post about that?  Anyway, apparently the kind of ring I wanted isn't very popular because they had to custom order it for me.  It was supposed to be on Saturday but it got delayed...boooooo.  I'm told it will be in this week...fingers crossed!  Once mine is in David can pick and order (if nesacary) his.  Then we send them away for engraving and that's it!

that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment