Friday 22 June 2012

an unconventional incident




about 3 weeks ago I came to the realization the wedding dress I planned to wear was not the dress for me (it’s a weird story so maybe I’ll save that for another post).  it wasn’t my dream dress and after consulting with my mom, I decided to look for another...it was a crazy idea considering there were about 4 months until our wedding.  I can’t buy off the rack because I’m a small size so any dress I wanted would have to be ordered and that can take several months.  I immediately went online to look up all the bridal stores in the Kawarthas and Peterborough to see what lines they carry.  After spending quite some time scrolling through web pages full of poufy, bedazzled dresses, I came across THE ONE.  It was just screaming ‘buy me buy me!’  I made a list of every single retailer that sold this line that was a reasonable driving distance from my house.  I called them all to ask if they had the dress in stock because I wanted to see it in person before ordering it.  not a single store had it!  I eventually called the local stores to see who could order it faster and found one that said it would be in by the end of July.  needless to say, I was very excited and relieved.  I made an appointment with the salon so I could be measured and pay my deposit.  just this week I received a call from the salon saying they were unable to order the dress for reasons I don’t fully understand.   basically, the dress I want is considered  a ‘destination or casual wedding dress’ and the store isn’t authorized to carry particular collection, but they can carry the typical dresses from that manufacturer.  It’s a little confusing and extremely frustrating.    Later in the day I went into the other local salon that carries this lone and told them my situation. they were very sympathetic and are able to order my dress for middle of September. 

I still  haven’t seen my dress in person so I don’t know how it will look on me.  the size that was ordered is supposed to be a perfect fit and I really hope it is!!  I’m disappointed I can’t have my dress any sooner  and am hoping it comes in by the promised date.  that would give 6 weeks for any work that needs to be done (I’m guessing the train will need to be made smaller because I hate trains on dresses).  this dress is so different from my original dress, but in a good way!
It feels more ‘me’.

-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment