Thursday 4 October 2012

stangers who say "that's so you"

I'm a regular poster on a wedding website/forum group.  It's a site that really plays up what you 'need' and 'must do' for weddings but there are some really great women in the forum groups.  I frequent the October 2012 Bridesgroup the most because it's nice bouncing ideas off other people and getting advice from people who are unbiased. 
It's also a great place to post pictures of my dress, hair style, etc because I HAVE to show someone but I'm so not posting any of that on Facebook;) 
When I first joined the group I saw there was an introduction post so I decided to tell the ladies there a few things about myself and our wedding.  I said stuff like "we didn't really pick colours, but I like fall colours.  We don't have a theme, but our wedding is kinda rustic and vintage-y...and it's pretty casual. I don't want to wear a big poufy dress (not that there is anything wrong with them, it't just not my style)."
So after my hair trial I posted pictures, I posted my make up inspiration, what accesories I'd be wearing, what my dress looked like.  And it's funny that the women on the board said "Oh that's so YOU!" even though they never met me.  I've got that response from other people too...like my hair dresser, my make up artist and even the ladies at the bridal salon! 

Those ladies aren't exactly strangers but it was still nice to hear somne positive affirmation of my choices.

christina

1 comment:

  1. Thats so you...
    I had the same problem working on your wedding gift.
    Will she like it, are these colours she will like... What about David? Like me, hon, you have do do what feels right to the two of you... Everything else is moot...

    ReplyDelete